Last week I shared some very important tips on how to ROCK out your attire for your engagement session to ensure that you are comfortable and CONFIDENT!!! This week I would like to cover some more very helpful tips! These tips are equally as important as choosing your coordinating outfits and are simple ways to get you and your groom prepared!
1. CLEAN YOUR RING! : I will be photographing your gorgeous diamond! This means that this would be a perfect opportunity to have your ring cleaned so that it’s clear of dirt and other build up that may be visible through a macro lens!
2. HAIR & MAKEUP : Splurge a little! If you were considering getting your hair and makeup done, this is the perfect opportunity to treat yourself! You will cherish these images forever and so investing in professional hair and makeup can be an extra fun way to celebrate the occasion and allow you to be extra confident during your shoot! Tip: If you’re worried about looking tired or just want a little something special for your portraits, getting false lashes will make the most impact in your portraits! There are all types of lashes that range from looking completely natural to looking like Beyonce! I would lean towards the natural end of the spectrum! :)
3. THE TIMELINE : I am always a few minutes early to engagement sessions so that I can scope out the location and find light that will be flattering on my couples! Because we are racing the sun and cannot shoot after it has set, I recommend leaving 15-30 minutes earlier than you originally planned just to be safe!
4. HAVE A PREVIEW PARTY : In the past I have found that it is incredibly helpful for my brides to sit down and have a little preview party with their groom before their engagement session. Take ten minutes and sit down together to scroll through 2-3 of your favorite engagement sessions on my blog. This will allow your groom to be prepared for what he is about to experience!
5. TAKE A DEEP BREATH! : You’re going to be amazing models! I always tell my couples that the BEST models are the ones who have never modeled professionally before! And I mean it! The couples who are usually most nervous are the couples who totally rock their session! So be encouraged! I have worked with EVERY personality type and EVERY body type, and I always create images that my clients love!! Get excited!
I hope you find inspiration AND gain confidence in reading my Engagement Session Prep SERIES!!! If you missed the last one (I covered outfit inspiration!) click here to view it!
WANT MORE?! Subscribe below!
Talk to you soon friend!!